T’s & C’s
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE “HIRER” AND “DUNGANNON ROOF BOX AND VW CAMPERVAN HIRE
- In order to drive one of the campervans the vehicle Driver will agree to the following:-
- Be aged between 25-75 years old
- Have a valid UK license for 2 years
- Provide photocopy or scan of both parts of their driving license (plastic and paper copy) a week
before the day of the hire. This is for insurance purposes.
- Provide 2 forms of identification i.e. photo (driving license/passport) and paper copy of (utility bill not
older than 3 months). This is for insurance purposes.
- Will not permit the campervan to be driven by anyone other than those declared at the time of
booking and who have provided all relevant documentation.
- Will not carry more than 4 passengers.
- Ensure that the campervan is securely locked at all times when unattended.
- Will not permit smoking in the campervan at any time.
- The Campervan will NOT be driven over 55mph maximum.
Additional Costs Under Insurance
- Additional Drivers – will be individually calculated on age/penalties.
- Motoring convictions will incur a higher premium – please contact us directly for costs – penalty
points must be disclosed at the time of booking as must any convictions or previous insurance
- If the Campervan is not returned at the time stated and agreed to then a £40.00 per hour surcharge
for every hour and part hour after the designated hand over time will be charged.
Please note you are not insured outside the duration of the contract hire.
- We cannot hire the campervans to a person who suffers from any mental or physical defect or
infirmity or suffers from seizures.
- The Campervan must not travel outside of Northern Ireland and Ireland.
- The Hirer is responsible for items NOT covered by the hire insurance: windscreen/tyre damage and
loss of any personal effects from the vehicle.
- Any motoring offences or penalties incurred during the hire are the responsibility of the Driver not
Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire.
- Unleaded fuel to be used in the campervan. The cost incurred for having the fuel system drained
will be directly charged to the “Hirer”.
- Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire reserves the right to decline any prospective hire
arrangement for reason of incompetent driving, suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or
drugs or any other reason.
- The campervan must not be used to carry gases or liquids, or any corrosive or flammable material
(other than the camping gas provided).
- Theft of the Campervan is not covered by insurance if the keys are left in the ignition or
windows/doors are left unlocked, in this event the hirer shall be fully responsible for the cost of a
- A security deposit of £500 will be taken at the time of hand over of the Campervan either by card or
- This amount will be refunded within 7 days after the van has been returned and full terms of the
agreement are met, there are no damages and it is in a reasonably clean condition – this also
applies to the awning if applicable.
- The Campervan must be returned with a full tank of fuel (refuelled with Unleaded Petrol within a 10
mile radius of Donaghmore)– otherwise this will be deducted from your deposit.
- Any traffic or parking fines incurred and not disclosed whilst the Campervan was hired will also be
- The Hirer agrees to pay any additional costs over and above the security deposit should damages
exceed the security deposit value. All breakages must be paid for.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by fire/neglect or malice to the vehicle.
- You will be totally responsible for any legal penalties occurred whilst hiring the van i.e
- You will be responsible for the safe keeping of any property belonging to yourself.
- You shall be responsible for the cost of recovery for the van should it become trapped or bogged in
– VANS ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN ONTO THE BEACH.
- You will be responsible for the loss of keys.
- You will NOT drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs according to the law.
- You are responsible for regular oil and water check ups, stop and react to any dashboard warning
- Weekday Collection is from: 7:00am and returns no later than 8pm Monday to Friday. Weekend
Collection is from: 9am and returns no later than 5pm Saturday to Sunday. Time will be agreed
and signed with the hirer beforehand. If the Campervan is not returned at the time stated and
agreed to then a £40 per hour surcharge for every hour and part hour after the designated hand
over time will be charged.
- A full tank of fuel will be provided with the campervan – please ensure it is left back with the fuel
tank full again, otherwise your security deposit will be deducted. The Campervan is to be re-fuelled
before returning, within a 10 mile radius of Donaghmore with Unleaded petrol, otherwise the cost of
fuel will be deducted from your security deposit. A cleaning fee £30.00 will be charged if the van is
left back in an unclean condition, dishes not washed, sink and cooker dirty etc.
- The Campervan is limited to an average of 100 miles a day – with NO MORE than 150 miles in ANY
ONE DAY. Mileage will be noted on departure and taken again on return of the van. Additional
mileage over (above the daily allowance x number of days hire) will be calculated at 0.25 pence per
mile and deducted from your security deposit.
- The Campervan is not to exceed a speed of 55mph.
- In the event of a breakdown or accident, AA breakdown service is at the disposal of the hirer, details
will be provided with the Campervan. The AA breakdown service covers breakdown and relay back
to the point of hire.
- Please report any breakdown immediately to Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire.
- The Hirer understands that Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire will not be responsible or
any consequential expenses or additional cost incurred in hiring alternative vehicles, late arrivals,
illness, travel expenses or any third party connection with a breakdown or accident.
- If a replacement vehicle is available this will be provided, if not Dungannon Roof Box & VW
Campervan Hire will refund days not used (in event of breakdown only)
- In the event that an accident should happen, please take as much information as possible, name
and address of other driver and their insurance details, if police need to attend (and reference
number if applicable). Also any photographs taken at the scene.
- The Hirer must contact Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire as soon as it is reasonably
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 is taken at the time of booking.
- Full payment of the balance must be made within 6 weeks of hire period – if not the booking may be
cancelled and deposit kept.
Cancellation by the Hirer
- In the event of a cancellation by the hirer Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire reserve the
right to charge the following:-
- If there are more than 6 weeks before hire period – the full deposit will be taken.
- If within the 6 weeks prior to the hire period the full balance of payment will be kept.
Cancellation by Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire
- In the event your campervan is not available Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire will either
offer an alternative vehicle (if available) or make a full refund but not accept any further liability.
- Dungannon Roof Box & VW Campervan Hire reserves the right to cancel a booking if the full terms
and conditions are not met.
SUMMARY OF TERMS
- You must be between 25-75 years of age.
- You cannot have any more than 6 points on your license – any more would have to be referred
to our insurance company on an individual basis.
- You must have 2 years driving experience with a UK/EU full Driving License (other license
holders please contact Dungannon Roof Box & Campervan Hire directly).
- A security deposit of £500 is required on the day of hire (pre-authorised on a card) or sent by
cleared funds 7 days prior to hire. This is refundable 7 days after return of the van in satisfactory
condition (less any traffic violations or mileage costs if any).
As a result of serious misuse of the vans we have had to implement a limited mileage policy.
These are vintage vehicles with air cooled engines and as such must be treated with love,
kindness and most of all respect.
The vans are now limited to an average of 100 miles a day – with NO MORE than 150 miles
in ANY ONE DAY. Mileage will be noted on departure and taken again on return of the van.,
Additional mileage over (above the daily allowance x number of days hire) will be calculated at
0.25 pence per mile and deducted from your security deposit.
The vans are not to exceed a speed of 55mph – very important when planning your journey.
These are extremely well maintained vans which are regularly inspected and serviced every
3000 miles. However they are 40 year old + vehicles and as such they can break down. We are
fully covered by RAC who will try and fix the vehicle at the roadside. The vans carry the most
common spare parts to cover any minor problems. However in the unlikely event it cannot be
fixed, the van (and passengers) will then be transported back to our base and the van fixed
As stated the Vans are fully covered by RAC breakdown service, however as we have
discovered the further into Southern Ireland you get the more difficult it is to het the van back
home to base. If the van was to breakdown in say Cork then due to towing regulations it needs 3
separate tow vehicles to bring it home.
If the van cannot be fixed promptly when returned Dungannon Roof Box & Campervan Hire will
offer a replacement vehicle (if available). If not days not used will be refunded (in event of
breakdown by the van only). No further liability will be assumed by Dungannon Roof Box &
Campervan Hire for any consequential expenses, additional costs incurred, site fees, travel
expenses or onward travel.
All vehicles are fitted with GPS Tracking Systems for insurance purposes. Trackers do
monitor and record speed of vehicle.